Why we exist
511 is an Santa Ana based urban community acting as a launching pad for initiatives of care, cause and creativity.
- We search out the good in the community and seek to partner, spotlight and amplify it by building bridges based on common concern.
- We desire to be a safe place where people who feel they have no platform can engage, make a difference and belong.
- We desire to create outlets for self expression.
- We are committed to excellence.
- We seek to inspire artists to activism, creatives to compassion.
- Laundry Love Santa Ana
- Saint City Sessions
- Community Movie Nights
- Saint City Workshops
- Experiencing Art
- Open House Art Shows
Who we are
We seek to find creative solutions to unique needs. We don’t want to reinvent the wheel. We work in the gaps. Its more than just talk. When we identify a need, we then find the action steps, partners or resources necessary to meet that need.Our projects have their genesis within this context but go on to be headed up and run by those best equipped and most passionate about the project. We continue to provide resources and counsel when practical as well as help form meaningful connections with potential collaborators and partners.
As a community we take time to share and get to know one another better, be open to learning and discussion, networking and idea making with an overarching focus on relationships, supporting each other and moving together.
We started in a small warehouse located around the corner from the Artist Village at 511 East Santa Ana Blvd. We are looking for a new long term center, but for the time being we exist fluidly meeting at coffee shops, homes and offices of friends in the community.
511 Community Development Corporation is a 501c3 pending (EIN 45-3026571) public benefit corporation incorporated in the state of California.